To get set ready for the Blockchain hackathon @ 18th Softcom, I would recommend you to go through the following material and videos to help you setup your personal laptop in preparation for the event.
You will be utilizing the Hyperledger Fabric Composer blockchain platform to develop your blockchain projects.
I would recommend that everyone go through the Blockchain Essentials course so that you can familiarize yourself with blockchain in general and Hyperledger Fabric Composer. This is a great introduction provided by IBM and will provide you with a “badge” from IBM that can be used to share with others that you have completed the training.
And if you are willing to go an extra mile, I would strongly recommend going through the IBM Blockchain foundation developer course.
The following tutorial will walk you through getting your environment ready that would be used for the hackathon; https://1drv.ms/w/s!AjQHgafL6QcWgaE8e6dUicedy09z5g
The following tutorial and video will walk you through examining the Fabric Composer development environment, exploring and altering a blockchain business network, and generating a web-based application to interact with the blockchain.
Tutorial Documentation: https://github.com/SweetJenn23/UofA/blob/master/DevelopApplication.md
These steps will introduce you to the environment and help you setup a development box so that you can practice and get comfortable with the environment prior to the event. We recommend that at a minimum you go through the above tutorials before the event so that you can utilize your team time most effectively.
Hackathon Web Links and Resources
- IBM Presentations and Labs – ibm.biz/blockfiles
- IBM Blockchain Use Case Demos – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKBlwlwmwx1EFiLLqHxdVd8koIZMQTuzy
- U of A Hackathon Blockchain Hackathon Files and Tutorials – https://github.com/SweetJenn23/uofa
- IBM DeveloperWorks Blockchain Educator Guide – https://developer.ibm.com/academic/resources/blockchain-educator-guide/
- IBM Blockchain 101: Quickstart Guide for Developers – https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-ibm-blockchain-101-quick-start-guide-for-developers-bluemix-trs/index.html
- Hyperledger Community Page – https://www.hyperledger.org/community
- Hyperledger Wiki for Fabric – https://wiki.hyperledger.org/projects/fabric
- Hyperledger Main Documentation – http://hyperledger-fabric.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Youtube Videos for HyperLedger Fabric Composer – https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hyperledger+fabric+composer
- Youtube Fabric Composer Tutorial (4 tutorials) – Recommended – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDwIw3MiPJXu5SavbZ3_a2A/videos
- HyperLedger Fabric Composer Documentation – https://hyperledger.github.io/composer/index.html
- Integrate your data with the Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain – https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-integrate-data-with-hyperledger-composer-blockchain/
- PSCP Download Links: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
* The Blog was compiled with the help of the blog post here; https://wordpressua.uark.edu/blockchain-hackathon/resources/